The editorial policy of the journal follows the principles of reputable international associations, such as the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and the Council of Science Editors (CSE) which establish ethical standards for all parties involved in the publishing process (authors, editors of the journal, reviewers, the publishing house, and the scientific society).
The journal publishes the results of new research projects which are at the intersection of contemporary condensed matter physics and chemistry, material science and the nanoindustry, solid state chemistry, inorganic chemistry, and physical chemistry in the following areas:
• Atomic, Electronic and Cluster Structure of Solid State, Liquids and Interphases
• Phase Equilibria and Defect Formation Processes.
• Structure and Physico-Chemical Properties of Interphase Boundaries
• Laser Thermochemistry and Photostimulated Processes on Solid Surfaces.
• Physico-Chemistry of Thin Films and Heterostructures.
• Kinetics and Mechanism of Thin Film Formation.
• Electrochemical Processes on Interphases.
• Chemistry of Surface Phenomena on Adsorbents.
• Devices and New Methods for Investigations.
The titles and the contents of the articles published in the journal “Condensed Matter and Interphases” should correspond to two fields of study (chemical sciences and physicomathematical sciences) and five speciality groups of researchers (02.00.01 Inorganic Chemistry, 02.00.04 Physical Chemistry, 02.00.05 Electrochemistry, 02.00.21 Solid State Chemistry, and 01.04.07 Condensed Matter Physics).
PUBLISHING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. The papers should be submitted to the editorial office in electronic form to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by using a special form on the website. The format of the files should be .doc or .docx (unprotected files). Files should be added to a single archive (ZIP preferably).
2. The editorial office considers only original papers which have not been published and do not violate copyright law. All articles are checked for plagiarism in the Antiplagiat system. The uniqueness of the text should exceed 70%. If similar texts by the same author are found in other printed and electronic publications the article will be rejected.
3. According to the regulations of the State Attestation Commission the journal gives priority to articles by PhD and DSc students. The time of their publication depends on the expected date of the defence which must be specified by authors in the primary documents enclosed with the manuscript.
4. All authors should sign a License agreement, scan it and upload it when submitting the manuscript to the editorial office (in *.pdf or *.jpg format).
1. The manuscript is checked for compliance of its layout to the rules of the journal “Condensed Matter and Interphases”. If the layout of the paper does not comply with the rules the editorial office reserves the right to reject the article or provide comments. The author should correct all the issues before the review.
2. Manuscripts that pass the primary selection are submitted for single-blind anonymous reviewing and in case of a positive review undergo scientific and technical editing. All reviewers are acknowledged specialists that have papers in the area of the reviewed article which have been published in the past 3 years.
3. If the paper receives a positive review it is considered admitted for examination by the editorial board which will decide what issue the article will be published in.
4. All approved articles are subject to editing and proofreading. The final version of the article should be approved by the author.
UNIFORM REQUIREMENTS TO MANUSCRIPTS SUBMITTED TO THE
"CONDENSED MATTER AND MATTER AND INTERPHASES" JOURNAL
MAIN JOURNAL SECTIONS
• Original articles
• Short communications
MANUSCRIPT FORMATTING REQUIREMENTS
The format of the electronic version of the article is А4 Microsoft Word (*doc), 2 cm margins, Тimes New Roman, font size 12 point 1.5 line spacing. Subtitles within the article should be in 12 light-face upper-case. References: 11 point font, with single line spacing, without indentation. Automatic hyphenation should be off. A decimal point should be used for decimal numbers, not a decimal comma. IUPAC terminology should be used for the names of compounds.
English should be used for quantity dimensions and designations in the text, tables, and figures.
MS Equation 3.0 or MathType should be used for formulas.
Size of manuscripts: reviews (15–20 pages), original articles (10–12 pages), short communications (5–6 pages), including literature, tables, and figure captions.
The last page should be signed by all authors. By signing the article the author grants the editorial office the right to publish their article.
The list of documents submitted to the editorial office of the “Condensed Matter and Interphases” journal should include the following:
1. Covering letter (with authorisation for open access publication) and License Agreement.
It should be provided on a separate sheet and should include the following information:
1) The manuscript is not under review for another publication; 2) It has not been previously published; 3) It has been read and approved by all authors; 4) The authors are liable for the truthfulness of the materials provided in the manuscript; 5) The manuscript can be published in open access.
The covering letter qualifying as an official referral from the institution where the project has been implemented should mention if the article represents the results of research conducted as a part of the dissertation with the expected date of the defence.
2. Publishing License Agreement
Files should be added to a single archive. "GUIDE FOR AUTHORS - 2020"
“CONDENSED MATTER AND INTERPHASES”
EDITING AND PROOFREADING
When the layout is ready it is sent back to the authors for proofreading. The article should be sent back to the publisher within a maximum of three days. The authors may only correct printing mistakes and introduce minor changes to the text or tables.
There is no publication fee.
The publisher does not charge authors for editing and publishing their manuscripts.
NB! Please note that the editorial board does not consider articles which do not conform to the editorial guidelines. Such articles are returned to authors without review.
The Editorial Board does not consider manuscripts submitted to more than one journal for simultaneous
consideration. The submitted work should be original and should not have been published elsewhere or submitted for consideration to any other publisher or mass media in any form (partially or in full).
Authors will be asked to transfer copyright of the article to the Publisher, and thus grant the Publisher exclusive rights to publish the article in any format (including on the Internet), to disseminate the article, to translate the article to any language , as well as to export and import the issues of the journal including the article. This will ensure the widest possible protection and dissemination of information under copyright laws.
The Publisher reserves the rights of editing and cutting the manuscript, performing scientific editing, changing the design of graphs, figures, and tables in the article in order for them to conform to the journal's style guide, without changing the content of the article.
The Editorial Board and the Publisher are entitled to transfer the rights granted by the Author to a third party, as well as to forbid third parties to use the information published in the journal for commercial purposes.
The Author guarantees that they have exclusive rights of using the manuscript submitted to the Editorial Board. If any claim is submitted to the Editorial Board or the Publisher as a result of violation of the said guarantee, such claims are to be settled by the Author. The Editorial Board and the Publisher shall not be held responsible by a third party in the event that the Author violates the guarantee. The Author reserves the rights of using the published manuscript (partly or in full) for personal purposes, including research and
The aforementioned rights are transferred by the Author to the Editorial Board and the Publisher for an unlimited period of time and are effective in any country, including the Russian Federation. The rights are transferred upon acceptance of the article.
An article published in the journal can only be republished by a third party if the Editorial Board and the
Publisher grant their permission in writing. In this case, the name of the journal, the volume, and the year of publication are provided.
The Editorial Board is not responsible for the accuracy of the information provided by the Author.
In case they have any questions or commentaries, the readers may submit them to be published in the journal. The Author may respond to such questions and commentaries, if they deem it necessary.
By submitting the manuscript the Author accepts all the rules of the journal. Rejected manuscripts are not returned to the authors.
Authors publishing their articles in the journal agree to the following.
Authors retain their copyright and grant the journal the right of first publishing the article. Six months after the initial publication the article is automatically licensed following the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License, which grants the right of dissemination to third parties on the condition that they provide a reference to the author of the original paper and the journal it was first published in.
Authors may publish their articles in the Internet (in the organisation’s database or on a personal web page) prior or after the submission to the journal as it may result in a fruitful discussion and a greater number of citations (see The Effect of Open Access).
Names and e-mails submitted on the journal’s website, are used exclusively for the purposes determined by the journal. They will not be used for any other purpose or provided to third parties.