SYNTHESIS AND PROPERTIES OF THE CdS-ZnS FILMS DOPED BY COPPER IONS
The main purpose of this work was to study the effect of the doping impurity of copper ions (10–7 – 10–3 at. %) on the crystal structure, optical and luminescent properties of CdS–ZnS films prepared by spray pyrolysis method from thiourea complex compounds [М(N2H4CS)2Br2] (М = Cd, Zn) at a temperature of 400 °C. X-ray diffractometry was used to determination of the crystal structure and phase composition of the obtained films. It is established that at the used conditions of the films deposition in the system CdS–ZnS unbounded solid solutions of the wurtzite structure are formed. To determine the optical band gap, the absorption spectra of the films in the region of the self-absorption edge were studied. It was found that the optical band gap of the samples varies from 2.46 to 3.84 eV with an increase in the content of zinc sulphide in them. It was found that the impurity of copper ions at used concentrations does not have a strong effect on the optical band gap. Photoluminescence spectra of CdxZn1–xS films contain a wide complex band in the region of 400–800 nm. The position of the photoluminescence maximum shifts to the short-wavelength region with an increase in the content of zinc sulphide in the samples. The highest intensity of luminescence is characteristic for CdxZn1–xS films with a high content of cadmium sulphide. It is established that at the concentration of copper ions at 10–7–10–5 at. % the high photoluminescence intensity of CdxZn1–xS films is observed, the maximum value is it at the dopant concentration of 10–6 at. %.
The reported study was supported by grant the Russian Foundation for Basic Research according to the research project No. 18-33-01215 mol_a.
The research results were obtained on the equipment of the Collective Use Center of Voronezh State University. URL: http://ckp.vsu.ru.
2. Samohvalov M. K. Jelektricheskie harakteristiki tonkoplenochnyh jelektroljuminescentnyh indikatorov [Electrical Characteristics of Thin-Film Electroluminescent Indicators]. Ulyanovsk, UlGTU Publ., 2006, 125 p. (in Russ.)
3. Blank T. V., Gol'dberg Ju. A. Semiconductors, 2003, vol. 37, iss. 9, pp. 999–1030. DOI: 10.1134/1.1610111
4. Bobrenko Ju.N., Pavelec S.Ju., Semikina T.V., Sheremetova G.I., Jaroshenko N.V. Optojelektronika i poluprovodnikovaja tehnika [Optoelectronics and Semiconductor Technology], 2014, iss. 49, pp. 69–74.
5. Semenov V. N., Sushkova T. P. Kljuev V. G., Kushnir M. A., Markov A. V. Neorganicheskie materialy [Inorg. Mater], 1993, vol. 29, no. 3, pp. 323-326. (in Russ.)
6. Samofalova T. V., Semenov V. N., Kljuev V. G., Takmakova E. V., Bezdetko Ju. S. Journal of Applied Spectroscopy, 2014, vol. 81, no. 1, pp. 87–91. DOI: 10.1007/s10812-014-9891-z
7. Powder Diffraction File. Swarthmore: Joint Committee on Powder Diffraction Standards, 1996.
8. Ukhanov Yu. I. Optical Properties of Semiconductors. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1977, 367 p. (in Russ.)
9. Semenov V. N., Naumov A. V. Proceedings of Voronezh State University. Series: Chemistry. Biology. Pharmacy, 2000, no. 2, pp. 50–55. (in Russ.)
10. Naumov A. V., Samofalova T. V., Semenov V. N., Nechaev I. V. Russian Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2011, vol. 56, no. 4, pp. 621-627. DOI: 10.1134/S0036023611040218
11. Morozova N. K., Karetnikov I. A., Blinov V. V., Gavrishhuk E. M. Semiconductors, 2001, vol. 35, iss 1, pp. 24–32. DOI: 10.1134/1.1340285
12. Morozova N. K., Kuznecov V. A. Zinc Sulphide. Obtaining and Optical Properties. Moscow, Nauka Publ., 1987, 200 p. (in Russ.)
13. Kluev V. G., Latyshev A. N. J. Inf. Recording, 1996, vol. 23, p. 295.
14. Meteleva Yu. V., Semenov V. N., Klyuev V. G., Smerek S. A. Inorganic Materials, 2001, vol. 37, no. 12. pp. 1224-1227.