THE WETTABILITY OF SOLIDS IRON AND COPPER BY LIQUIDS STANNUM, PLUMBUM AND CALCULATION INTERFACIAL ENERGIES
Object. Until recently, due to the absence of many solid metal experimental values of the surface energy sSV and the temperature coeffi cient Ds D SV / T not possible to bring the computed values of interfacial energy sSL of the same temperature at which measurements were made of the contact angle, which naturally negatively infl uence in the results of calculations of interfacial energies. At the present time by their calculation them will be able to account the temperature factor for many solid-liquid metal systems.
Purpose. The purpose of this paper is calculating interfacial energy between melting metal and another solid metal. The interfacial energy of iron, copper on the boundary with meltings stannum, plumbum is calculated. It is showed that if the wetting angles more than ninety degrees, it then the interfacial energy is more than surface energy of a solid body. In case, when boundary angle is smaller ninety degrees then the interfacial energy less than the surface energy of solid body.
Method and Methodology. According to the literature, data know experimental values of contact angles formed by liquid tin, lead on the surfaces of solid iron, and copper their interfacial energy calculated. For calculations, we used the Young’s equation relating interfacial energy with the
surface energies of the solid, the liquid and the cosine of the contact angle.
Results. It is showed that if the take in to account the temperature at which it the makes a signifi cant is measured, contributes to the of a signifi cant contribution in the interfacial energy.
Conclusions. In conclusion, it should be noted that our method of calculation can be also adapted to the investigations of other solid-melt system.
- Allen B. C. In liquid metals: Chemistry and physics / Ed. by S.Z. Beer. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1972, pp. 3–161.
- Nizenko V. I. Floka L. I. Poverkhnostnoe natyazhenie zhidkikh metallov i splavov (odno- i dvukhkomponentnye sistemy) [Surface tension of liquid metals and alloys (one - and two-component systems)]. Moscow, Metallurgy Publ., 1981, 208 p. (in Russ.)
- Popel S. I. Poverkhnostnoe yavleniya v rasplavakh [Surface phenomena in melts]. Moscow, Metallurgy Publ., 1994, 432 p. (in Russ.)
- Khokonov H. B., Taova T. M., Shebzukhova I. G., Kumykov V. K., Alchagirov B. B. Poverkhnostnye energiya i natyazhenie metallov i dvoynykh metallicheskikh splavov v tverdom sostoyanii. [Surface energy and tension of metals and double metal alloys in solid state]. Proceedings of the international and interdisciplinary Symposium “Physics of surface phenomena, interphase boundaries and phase transitions”, September 16–21, Nalchik – Rostov-on-don – Grozny – Shepsi. 2018, v. 8, рp. 5–20. (in Russ.)
- Zakharova T. V. Rastekanie rasplavov (Pb–Sn i Zn) po poverkhnosti tverdykh metallov i adgeziya faz [Melt Spreading (Pb-Sn and Zn) over the surface of solid metals and phase adhesion]. Cand. sci. diss. (abstract) Sverdlovsk, 1973, 23 с. URL: https://search.rsl. ru/ru/record/01007087710
- Dokhov M. P., Kokoeva M. N. Mezhfaznye energii rasplavlennykh khloridov shchelochnykh i shchelochnozemel’nykh metallov na granitse s tverdym zhelezom [Interfacial energies of molten chlorides of alkali and alkaline earth metals on the border with solid iron], International Scientifi c Journal Innovative Science, 2018(6), pp. 23–28. URL: https://elibrary.ru/item.asp?id=35125318 (in Russ.)
- Entsiklopediya neorganicheskikh materialov [Encyclopedia of inorganic materials]. In 2 vol. / Fedorchenko I.M. (ed.) and others. Ukrainian Soviet Encyclopedia. Kiev, 1977, v. 1, 840 p., v. 2, 816 p. (in Russ.)
- Novosadov V. S., Khokonov Kh. B. Dvizhushchie sily i koeffi tsient rastekaniya v neravnovesnykh usloviyakh smachivaniya [Driving forces and spreading coeffi cient in non-equilibrium wetting conditions]. Proceedings of the international and interdisciplinary symposium “Physics of surface phenomena, phase boundaries and phase transitions”, September 16–21, 2014, Nalchik – Rostov-on-Don – Grozny – pos. South, 2014, Vol. 4, pp. 207–212. (in Russ.)
Abstract views: 0 PDF Downloads: 0